
/ About
Royal Ocean Racing Club has occupied 20 St James's Place since December 1941, when the club's previous Pall Mall premises were destroyed in the Blitz. The Georgian terrace house, listed Grade II and largely refronted in the early twentieth century, was formally opened as the club's London home in July 1942 by King Haakon of Norway. The freehold was acquired in 1950, and the clubhouse later expanded into the neighbouring No. 19 to form a single building.
Founded in 1925 after a race to the Fastnet Rock and granted royal recognition by King George V in 1931, RORC remains the principal organiser of offshore yacht racing in Britain, with more than 4,000 members worldwide. Its St James's clubhouse holds sixteen en-suite bedrooms, a dining room serving a weekly-changing menu, and a bar, alongside four rooms available to hire: the Jolie Brise Room for meetings and private dining, the Fastnet Room for smaller drinks receptions, the Dining Room itself for private parties, and the Bar for larger receptions. Green Park and the Ritz sit a short walk away.
Enquiries for meetings, private dining or receptions are handled directly by the House Manager.
/ Rooms Available
Bar
Exclusive HireThe clubhouse bar, adjoining a fireside sitting area, set up here for a drinks and canapé reception. The largest of the club's bookable spaces.
Dining Room
PrivateThe club's dining room, panelled and hung with maritime paintings, with a fireplace and a fitted bookcase holding a model yacht. Set for a private dinner along its full length.
Fastnet Room
PrivateA cosy room adjacent to the bar, suited to smaller drinks receptions.
Jolie Brise Room
PrivateA large private room for meetings and private dining, panelled with a fitted bookcase and a fireplace, hung with a sailing painting.
/ Perfect For
/ Features
Catering
- – In-House Luxury Dining
- – Private Bar
Licensing
- – Full Alcohol Licence
Venue Specs
- – Private Entrance
- – Dedicated Events Team
/ Getting Here
/ You May Also Consider